Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:10am
Listening to Mozart. It brings me back to my early teen years when I’d spend hours in my room, writing, drawing, creating, much as I do today, with Mozart playing in the background. Some things just never change. Classical music helps me focus and center my thoughts. If I could only get myself in the habit of typing instead of handwriting (this was handwritten first). Yet I find handwriting allows me a direct flow of thought to pen that I just don’t get from typing. Call me old fashioned, but this is how my writing habit formed and as I said, some things never change. It’s my way of going back to a simpler time I guess. But I digress.
In this world where we are chained to our technology, a simple life is frowned upon, outdated, and foolish. I’m sure many would laugh at me for keeping “hard” copies of what I create, but as society as we know it, collapses, I’ll be the one laughing. It may be antiquated, but I like the tangibility of hard copies and I don’t trust the digital world fully, just too much room for manipulation in my opinion. This way, no one can dispute that this is my original work. It also ensures that my work is protected and if there is a question, I’ve got a hard copy as proof.
I don’t claim to have the answers, just wisdom. I don’t claim expertise, but mere experience. I don’t know everything, but I’ve learned a lot. I am no more important than the next guy (or gal), but my life has value. I’m not better than any other, but I’m better than I used to be. I do not know why I was ‘chosen”, but I will do my best to live up to the challenge placed before me. To teach G-d’s Laws, I must know them. To live them, I must trust them. To praise them, I must witness their TRUTH.
See, for me, this is not a choice. For if I had to chose, I’d still be married to an amazing man who is strong in himself, doing hair/changing lives, raising my son in the home we built, making good money, going out with friends, taking vacations and living a quiet, happy life. Instead, my marriage dissolved, I became a caregiver to my parents and lost nearly everything, including my awesome career, my home, stability, security, friends, you name it. The last 10 years has destroyed everything I ever knew.
Now that I’m on the other side with a renewed sense of self and my own strength, I find it imperative to impart this wisdom I have gained. It is time to build my world into something that stands in the face of opposition. It is time to step up to the microphone, replace the charlatans that have been screaming way too loudly, and take control. It is time to SPEAK TRUTH, to Teach the RIGHT WAY to live and help transform this world into something which we can all be proud.
To begin this process, one must first admit and commit to,
1. There is a G-d
2. G-d’s Word is TRUTH.
3. To Love G-d with all your heart and Honor G-d’s TRUTH.
I can argue with the best of the atheists until the cows come home on this topic. For I have been in the presence of G-d multiple times and I don’t need to prove it to anyone. I am connected to the Upper Realms (some may call it Heaven, the Spirit Realm, the Universe, etc…) and can describe, at length, many places that exist there. I am in direct contact with Angels, Guides and the like. I have no physical evidence of this, but my experiences are clear and happened mostly while I was wide awake and of a clear mind.
So tell me, if there’s no G-d, and no afterlife, how do you explain past life regressions that have been researched and verified? How do you explain collective thought with no common connection or influence? How do you explain Greatness? Beauty? Love? How do you explain that though tens of thousands of people could have lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001, less than 3,000 did. For one reason or another, they were not in the place they were supposed to be at that particular time. Divine intervention, maybe? How do you explain STIGMATA? Speaking in tongues? Big Bang Theory or Intelligent Design? All of these things cannot be explained away simply through science. And while you may think science PROVES that G-d does not exist, I, and many others believe science actually PROVES that G-d DOES exist. That science shows an intelligence behind the design of everything in the Universe. In order to drive this point home, there is one more argument to make. What is G-d?
Let me breakdown the misunderstanding of what G-d IS vs what G-d ISN’T.
1. G-d is LOVE, G-d is not a LOVER.
2. G-d is COMPASSION, G-d is not a CODDLER.
3. G-d is TRUTH, G-d is not a CHARLATAN.
4. G-d is ONE, G-d is not an INDIVIDUAL.
5. G-d is EVERYTHING, G-d is not A THING.
Most importantly, G-d is a VERB, G-d is not a NOUN. G-d is an ACTION, a DOING, a KNOWING. G-d is not A THING, for a physical thing cannot contain the immense wholeness of the ONENESS of G-d. Because a physical thing denotes separateness, of which G-d (as a whole) is incapable. However, sparks of G-d can exist separately while maintaining connection in Oneness through the energy contained within. Because the energy is G-d. And energy without mass is not separate. It mixes all together and spreads itself out as far as it can reach. So in that, every THING that exists IS G-d manifested in a unique separateness from itself. And every THING experiences separately, while influencing every other THING through the connectedness of energy. Each THING connects to every THING around it, creating an endless flow of energy that stretches out beyond limited comprehension. Within that connection, that flow, lies G-d.
So again, I ask the atheist, how do you explain it? More aptly, can you DISPROVE it? You are free to disagree and I won’t begrudge you that. But I dare challenge you to explain and/or disprove it. I say this not to start a fight, but a conversation. For we will never change our ways if we refuse to listen with an open mind and a compassionate heart. Just know, you will fail to sway me, though my mind is open, for I am strong in my faith with a deep understanding of it’s connection, it’s power and it’s Grace. I have personally witnessed said power AND Grace, which solidifies my understanding of those experiences.
These lessons that I share come through my lived experiences and the difficulties I have endured. They come from pain and suffering, sorrow and loss, devastation and destruction, but mostly, they come from disillusionment and awakening. I think the most crucial of these lessons is also the most relevant. When something goes wrong, immediately start looking for the lesson. The faster you find it, the easier it is to work through and solve. Whenever you make a mistake, stop and ask yourself, “What am I supposed to learn here?” You may be surprised at how quickly the answer comes to you. Quite frankly, it’s usually not what you expect it to be. And many times the depth of the answer doesn’t come to you until well after you’ve had time to digest it and are calm and rational. If you start looking early and remain conscious through the process, the lesson organically appears, but do not ever expect it to be easy or comfortable. The greatest lessons we learn come from the most difficult and uncomfortable situations we experience. Some lessons will challenge you to your core while others seem so insignificant. Yet each lesson builds upon the one before, bringing an awareness, an awakening, if you will, allowing for growth and understanding. The more we grow, the more we understand. The more we understand, the better we live. The better we live, the more we contribute to society as a whole, which is the ultimate goal, RIGHT?!
See, it’s never about the individual, but the collective. But without the individual, the collective cannot exist. It’s a balancing act, a dance, carefully and consciously choreographed, to flow effortlessly and fluidly, all for the sake of gaining knowledge and wisdom so that G-d, in it’s Oneness can understand and experience individuality. I’ve believed for most of my life that the meaning of life is to experience merely for the sake of experience. For, if we are nothing when we die, what’s the point? Or, if we are born sinners, how can we ever reach the Glory of G-d? And why would we want to, when G-d is the One who deemed us sinners in the first place? See, these are the points where Atheism AND Christianity lose me. One says that we are nothing before we’re born and we return to nothing when we die, while the other says we were born of sin and will die in sin, and there is no way out of it. Both of these ideologies are so absolute and impossible that I’ve never been able to rationalize a belief in them. However, I respect their respective places and have continued to seek an understanding of faith and spirituality.
When I began my journey into my Judaism, I didn’t think I would find the answers that eluded me most of my life, but find them, I did. Well, to clarify, I found substantiation of what I have felt within all my life. I found an understanding and respect for the traditions and history of a people put to a seemingly impossible task. I found a humbleness in the practice and a longing to honor it, and those who came before me. לדור בדור from generation to generation, we will remember. It is in that connection to the past that we must return. So I must honor that impossible task to the best of my ability. To teach the RIGHT WAY, not because I say so, but because it is G-D’s WAY. It is not religion, it is LAW, NATURAL LAW. G-d’s Law has been under attack for far too long and yet still stands the test of time. When a hypothesis cannot be disproven, it becomes a theory. After a long period of time and it still cannot be disproven, it becomes law. That is the scientific method, yes? So G-d’s Law was a hypothesis for a long time and could not be disproven. Sure, man can still exist without G-d, but is it living or just mere existence? When an entire people live by the laws of G-d, the balanced ebb and flow becomes natural and seemingly effortless. To this day, G-d’s Law has not and cannot be disproven. I think after nearly 5800 years of documented history, G-d’s Law has been proven time and time again. It’s laughable that this is ignored.
It has been thousands of years, disputing whether G-d exists and trivial fighting over which practice is right. The Truth, if you want to know, is every religion is absolutely right AND absolutely wrong. Because religion is nothing more than a way to practice your understanding of G-d. In that, they are all right. Where they go wrong is in their absoluteness of their superiority. G-d doesn’t care what name you use or how you practice, G-d cares that you call. Just like any parent, G-d is the ultimate Parent. G-d doesn’t smite, G-d teaches, through warning and consequence. G-d embraces and champions your successes and consoles and guides your missteps, even when the consequence is Karma.
Keep in mind, I am not proselytizing, as that goes against everything for which I stand. How someone honors G-d is a personal choice. G-d gave man the influence to create each one of them in their proper time and place, for G-d does not make mistakes. So each one is right. It is the Ego of man that convolutes and obscures the Truth of G-d. I use my Judaism merely as a basis for the importance of honoring a practice and a reminder of the task we were given.
I don’t claim to have the answers, just wisdom. I don’t claim expertise, but mere experience. I don’t know everything, but I’ve learned a lot. I am no more important than the next guy (or gal), but my life has value. I’m not better than any other, but I’m better than I used to be. I do not know why I was ‘chosen”, but I will do my best to live up to the challenge placed before me. To teach G-d’s Laws, I must know them. To live them, I must trust them. To praise them, I must witness their TRUTH. Bish v’li nivra ha olam! Anochi afar v’afar! For my sake, the world was created! I am but dust and ash! I am everything and I am nothing.
Stand Up
Stand Out
Be the Light
-Miriam the Levite
No comments:
Post a Comment