The 2 most dangerous words in the English language are Ignorance and Apathy.
Why, you may ask, or how, more appropriately, are these 2 words dangerous? They’re just words, after all. Ah, but your presumptions would be wrong. These 2 words are paramount to the movement to destroy our society, our country, our FREEDOMS! For those in power, who seek more power, and ultimate World Power, NEED an entire population of ignorant and apathetic people, the “plebs” if you will. The masses who don’t know and don’t want to know the truth of their corruption and deceit. As Michael Malice states, “most people don’t want to be free, they want to be safe.” I argue, as Ben Franklin did, “those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty, nor Safety.”
A well educated society is an essential foundation for maintaining the Liberty and moral fabric of that society. And I’m not talking about college education. In my opinion, the more degrees one has typically means they cannot think for themselves. Because their entire intellect was ‘spoon fed’ to them through “institutions of higher learning”. I’ve often said that a BS means you know how to spew BullShit, an MS is just More of the Same, and a PhD is just Piled Higher and Deeper. Don’t get me wrong, I do respect the discipline it takes to spend that much time in an institution. However, it seems to me, the more “highly” educated one is, the more difficult it is for them to relate to anyone outside of their field of expertise. Which, in my view, makes them the most ignorant and apathetic group out there. They don’t even know what they don’t know and don’t care to ever research anything on their own. It’s a Catch 22.
I spent most of my life being “encouraged” to get a college degree by my father and my ex husband, which I have not done. They argued that I could have a really good job that pays well if I just got that piece of paper that states I know how to jump through hoops. Funny, I ended up in a trade school and at the peak of my career was making almost 30% more than my “college educated” husband. AND, I don’t have the debt that he still carries, almost 20 yrs after he graduated. More importantly, I spent all my leisure time researching and studying the subjects that piqued my interests on my own. I am one who prescribes to learning through curiosity, not force. And if I’m not mistaken, Abe Lincoln never went to college, yet he studied law on his own, took the Bar Exam and passed. I believe John Adams was also self taught. In fact, some of the greatest intellects throughout history have been self taught.
For far too long, we’ve been convinced to believe you are nothing without a college degree, yet when we look at what these “institutions” are turning out, we realize they are nothing more than cogs in the machine. Regurgitating only what they were told and never questioning whether it was correct or moral. Just because someone stands in front of a class to “teach” doesn’t mean they truly understand what they are teaching. And just because someone doesn’t have those letters behind their name doesn’t mean they are stupid. Some of the most intelligent people I know never went to college. I do have some college background, though I was told that English classes would be a waste of my time because I already possessed a natural talent for writing. Of course, being the rebel I am, I took all the English and writing classes I could, because no one tells me no. And I learned much more of how to edit and refine my writing, a skill that has proven invaluable to me. But to spend all that money and time and energy to get a piece of paper that says I know how to write was foolish to me then and still foolish to me now.
I do recognize there are some professions that require a degree, however, too many people focus on the paper and not the substance. We have saturated the workforce with people who have some degree or another, yet have no work ethic nor actual value to bring to the table. They are the “Hubris Ones” as I call them. And they look down upon those who work with their hands, all the while never realizing that without all the manual laborers, they would not be afforded the luxuries they possess.
You know who they are. Those who seem to think because they spent tens of thousands of dollars jumping through hoops, they have authority over anyone who did not. They are no different than those who wear masks and got the “jab”, only to get mad and aggressive with someone who doesn’t wear a mask and didn’t get the “jab”. The virtue signaler who screams in your face because you didn’t buy into the narrative they did. The ones who look down upon you because of some perceived hierarchy. Really, what they are saying is quite simple, “I fell for it and you didn’t and that’s just not fair!!!!”
The most difficult part for those of us who live with eyes wide open is to have empathy for them. To see it for what it is, ignorance and apathy, and acknowledge their pain. It is a task we must face. For if we are ever to truly heal, unite and rebuild our broken world, we must first hear their grievances with compassion. When someone is so angry and hateful, ask yourself why. How. What happened in their world to cause such strife? Is there a way I can help relieve some of it through an open dialogue? Are they open to understanding the truth? Can I approach them with Love, and will it be accepted?
When we understand that the battle we face is to combat ignorance and apathy, the war becomes ours to win. It’s a matter of educating the truth, relentlessly standing in that truth, and regurgitating it until you turn blue in the face. It’s time to step up to the podium and let the truth be known. People will follow whomever steps up to the microphone, so step up. Keep bringing truth with the understanding that many will fight against you. Keep speaking, even if you have to scream it. Stay resilient and never, ever let fear consume you.
Be well my friends,
Stand Up
Stand Out
Be the Light
Miriam the Levite
No comments:
Post a Comment